Most home owners do not realize just how dangerous a leak in a pipe or a flood really is. They usually brush it off and will mop up the water and tie the broken pipe with a cloth or something similar to temporarily solve the problem. However, a broken pipe or a leaking pipe needs immediate professional care because it might be a lot more serious than you might think. You may not see the depth to which the pipe has broken and you may not see a big wet patch on your wall but it may be the case inside the wall in areas that you cannot see and if you have a very wet wall, it can become an electrical conductor and this can make it very dangerous for you and those that live in your home with you.
Bring in the professionals
You may not realize it but you might need more than a plumber to come in and great help with the situation with your leaking or broken pipe. It would be advisable for you to first bring him in after you have turned off all of your water and electrical mains and have him inspect the area and trace the leak. In some cases, this might mean breaking your wall until the source of the leak is visible and then, you will need to have a builder or a builder’s helper come in and fix your wall for you after the leak has been traced and corrected.In addition to the plumbing Frankston, you may need to have your electrical lines checked to see if there are any exposed electrical lines in the areas in which the leak or wetness is because if there are, this can cause your whole home to become an electrical conductor.Bring in an electrical to come in and check your home too just in case so you can make sure that there is no risk of the water seeping in or having seeped in to the wiring of your electrical lines. Even if it is close to them, there is a risk that the water might spread which can be very difficult. You will need to use a machine to dry the wall and take away any moisture after the leak has been fixed to prevent any further damage from occurring. It is important that you do not ignore a leak or take it lightly because people have died from ignoring such leaks in their homes in the past.